Updates....I am sure all you bloggers are wanting to know. Jonathan and I are busy at work. He just completed his football season and has mentioned the drastic differences in coaching middle school football vs. coaching at the football empire at Warren Central High School (they have been the state champions that past four years in 5A football). First, he had to teach some kids the basics about football. Second, he is not doing football seven days a week. Third, no Sunday meetings. Fourth, he gets home at night by 6:45 or 7ish. and Fifth, he had a lot of fun:)
Great news....my sister and brother-in-law are expecting!!! Woohoo!!! They will be having a baby girl in March---Emma Grace:) This will make Parker a big brother:) Needless to say, we are extremely excited! Pray for a healthy pregnancy, smooth delivary, and healthy little girl!!
I am sending some pictures of our trip......
A lovely shade of red!A picture from the harbour at Stearns Park in Ludington....the water was extremely rough, but beautiful when it hit the light houses. (Although, this isn't a light house, but I am not for sure what the technical term for it is.)

We decided to ride our bikes out to Big Sable Lighthouse at Ludington State Park, but somehow the bikes turned out to be more hassle than what it was worth. Here is Jonathan with our lovely bike rack......the stupid thing ended up denting our car and taking off some paint. The dents eventually came out, but the paint is still MIA. Picture at Ludington State Park from the top of the dunes.

Once we climbed down the dunes, we found this sign and realized what all the rope was for. Whoops....
Big Sable Lighthouse. Once we got to the lighthouse, we could see a storm blowing in over Lake Michigan. It came alot more quickly than we thought. The wind gave us the workout of our life riding back to the car. In these pictures you can see the storm blowing in.




Then some more beautiful scenary from our trip....



4 comments:
So glad to finally hear a bit about what you guys are up to! Jess, great great shots....We miss you guys. Should do something about that eh? :)
Yay! A new blog! I am so excited!
It looks like you had a great trip. I'm very impressed with your photography!
Josh and I miss you. When you guys come back to NC, please let us know.
Give Uncle Jonathan a hug from Alyse.
Love to you!
Jess---great to see your pictures! I miss you! HOpe you are doing well...always checking your blog for updates:) love, kara
Hey girl! Great to get an update! Both of my grandparents lived in Pentwater when I was growing up, which is the little town straight to the south of Ludington, so I spent a lot of time there as well. And since Traverse City is my hometown... I DEFINITELY think you should check it out, there are tons of things to do during every season. Also, if you would need a place to stay, I have connections! :) Seriously though, when/if you make plans to go up there, let me know cuz I could get you a nice/private place to stay for free! Love ya girl!
Post a Comment